So having a baby has always been
on our minds. And it was so exciting talking about it, planning it out and
finally getting there! Then it starts…
There are a whole lot of things
people don’t tell you when you get pregnant or before!
Throwing
up sucks!
If you’re lucky,
the nausea will last three to four months. Put it just totally sucks! Throwing
up morning, afternoon, evening and night is not such a great deal you just
signed up for. There will be moments of utter depression where you wish you
could turn back time and not be pregnant! And then you’ll think “What kind of a
mother am I gonna be wishing I wasn’t pregnant, wishing to turn back time!”
It’s all ok. Think it, let the frustration out. Talk to your husband. He needs
to know what inner turmoil you are going through. Only then can he be
supportive!
Feeling
like an old lady
“Hey! Let’s go
out”, my friends and family would say. And me, “Oh crap! OUT! Really?” Every
single day you’ll be pushing yourself. Yes the second trimester is quite an
enjoyable phase but trust me. Your body will feel so heavy, your mind will tell
you a hundred reasons not to go, people will have a thousand reasons for you
not to travel. But just do it! Push yourself. Yes you will feel tired, you
might lose a little sleep but after you’ve had fun, laughed, talked, eaten… YOU
FEEL GOOD! So get out and do things. It’s the best!
An
afternoon snooze is a treat!
I used to feel
horrible when I had to sleep two whole hours in the afternoon! The worst is
when we are out visiting people and all I can think of is my bed. Just sleep
where ever you are! And I’m not kidding. Any rest post lunch is a mind saver,
body ache reliever and a true treat for yourself. Don’t worry about what others
think. Only you know what you’re going through. Others can speculate, say “Yeah
I know how it is”, wonder what’s wrong with you. Each pregnancy is different.
You know how much your body can take. Don’t push it!
Moving
like an old fart
Get used to it.
Everything happens in slow motion! Getting up from bed will take 15 minutes or
more, trying to stand up from sitting on the floor will take well let’s say 15
minutes, climbing stairs will take a while, getting in and out of the car will
be painful at times, trying to stretch to get a pen from the other side of the
table will take longer than you imagine. Get used to it. And take it slow.
Ouch!
My pelvic region hurts
Yes, your pelvic
region will hurt like crazy! Sitting, standing, walking, turning from side to
side, getting up, getting in and out of your car, climbing… Literally
everything you do… It will hurt! Yes your doc may give you tablets to counter
the pain. But if you are brave enough to face it, be prepared. IT HURTS!
Muscle
pulls… Is it for real?
And here’s
another treat for your already aching body. Cramps, muscle pulls, whatever you
call it… It’s here to stay for a few more months. Take it from me… It lasts
just a few minutes, but those few minutes are torture. Brace yourself! They
come where ever, whenever! There’s no telling!
It’s
only 9.30 in the evening and my eyes aren’t able to stay open!
Yup… The worst
part is I love staying up late in the night… Yeah well that ain’t gonna happen
ladies. And don’t push yourself to stay awake. If you know there’s something
you want to stay up for (in my case watching the FIFA WC matches) sleep early.
Don’t give up on sleep. It just makes you cranky and tired and more susceptible
to the most horrible thoughts in your head.
Is
that baby growing inside me a football player?
Initially when
the baby starts kicking it is such a joy! But as the baby grows stronger…Your
baby’s going to kick, press, push, punch and I honestly don’t know what else!
You are going to lose sleep, get tired faster, feel pain, feel pressure, feel
uncomfortable, get distracted easily and lots more. It sure is beautiful to
feel your baby moving around but it comes with a price.
I
feel like a balloon!
There will be
times when you feel like your tummy is a balloon blown to a point where it’s
gonna pop! It’s normal. You just have to find a way to let the air out (if you
know what I mean!)
My
tummy itches
No matter how much
rubbing you do, for many people the tummy itches and I’m talking about crazy
itching! Ask your doc for any specific cream. Use it!
I’m not saying pregnancy is
troublesome. I’m just saying be ready. Your body is going through the most
deadly rollercoaster ride in the world. It’s a beautiful experience but with a
tag along. It’ll be easier if we are able to accept these things as it comes
and move ahead. The moment we start wondering “Oh why and Oh no” it’s just
going to get worse. Be prepared to face even more difficult situations. All the
above are based on what I’ve gone through. Even after going through all this, I
can say I’m enjoying my pregnancy! Shortly I will be stepping into my third
trimester. Everybody has told me that it’s going to be the worst of the three
trimesters! But I know that I’m going to be bringing a treasure into this
world. It’ll all be worth it in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment