It was a warm summer's day
The sun was burning my skin
Still I went out without complain
With the man who I loved deep within
He took me out for ice cream
Mine was fig and honey and his rum with raisin
We sat outside, with love in our eyes
And talked about a future that we could begin
Chorus:
He said "I'll be back in a minute"
That's the day he left
Now its clouds that separate us
Sinking me in loneliness
I wish that I had told him
To wait for one more moment
A moment that would have saved him
And kept him here with me
Now all I feel is darkness
Growing deeper inside of me
A loud crash, people screaming
My heart just stopped beating
I turned around and he was on the ground
I could see he was bleeding
I ran to him, held him in my arms
The warm blood flowing down
I held him close
Wishing my tears could heal
Just listening to him breathing
Chorus
Through the night we struggled
The people all a blur
Sirens blaring, nurses rushing
Doctors all in their coats
Would I see his face
That smile that could save me from all this turmoil
Would he survive
To tell me that he loved me
Would he wake up
To give me the ring he held so close
Chorus
The doctor came towards me
A strange look on his face
And in that moment time stood frozen
I knew my lover was gone
Tears steamed down my face
They went unchecked
The sorrow inside was a cut with a knife
And I didn't know if it was all real
Chorus
The years have gone by
I buried my hurt and my pain
My heart still bears the scars
I still wear that ring around my neck
Now I've come to realize
I can't live in hate and regret and I can't just die
He would have wanted me to smile
He would want me to be alive
He said "I'll be back in a minute"
That's the day he left
Now its clouds that separate us
I know he's looking down
Smiling as he sees me
Choosing life and not backing down
I wish that I had told him
To wait for one more moment
A moment that would have saved him
And kept him here with me
But I know he loved me
And that memory sets me free
The sun was burning my skin
Still I went out without complain
With the man who I loved deep within
He took me out for ice cream
Mine was fig and honey and his rum with raisin
We sat outside, with love in our eyes
And talked about a future that we could begin
Chorus:
He said "I'll be back in a minute"
That's the day he left
Now its clouds that separate us
Sinking me in loneliness
I wish that I had told him
To wait for one more moment
A moment that would have saved him
And kept him here with me
Now all I feel is darkness
Growing deeper inside of me
A loud crash, people screaming
My heart just stopped beating
I turned around and he was on the ground
I could see he was bleeding
I ran to him, held him in my arms
The warm blood flowing down
I held him close
Wishing my tears could heal
Just listening to him breathing
Chorus
Through the night we struggled
The people all a blur
Sirens blaring, nurses rushing
Doctors all in their coats
Would I see his face
That smile that could save me from all this turmoil
Would he survive
To tell me that he loved me
Would he wake up
To give me the ring he held so close
Chorus
The doctor came towards me
A strange look on his face
And in that moment time stood frozen
I knew my lover was gone
Tears steamed down my face
They went unchecked
The sorrow inside was a cut with a knife
And I didn't know if it was all real
Chorus
The years have gone by
I buried my hurt and my pain
My heart still bears the scars
I still wear that ring around my neck
Now I've come to realize
I can't live in hate and regret and I can't just die
He would have wanted me to smile
He would want me to be alive
He said "I'll be back in a minute"
That's the day he left
Now its clouds that separate us
I know he's looking down
Smiling as he sees me
Choosing life and not backing down
I wish that I had told him
To wait for one more moment
A moment that would have saved him
And kept him here with me
But I know he loved me
And that memory sets me free
No comments:
Post a Comment